About Plink and Pre-Launch Participant Agreement
Congratulations on being selected to participate in an upcoming beta test! This Beta and Prototype Participant Agreement is a legal document being executed between you and Plink Entertainment, Inc. (herein Plink) that outlines both your obligations and the company’s. It is important for you and Plink that you are comfortable with these terms. While it may not be exciting reading, you should read the entire agreement before you sign it. If you do not understand or agree to any part of the agreement, you should not sign this document and instead ask questions before completing it.
By signing/authorizing this document, you are agreeing to all the provisions. Included in these terms is your agreement to:
- Actively use and evaluate the product or service being tested
- Provide the types of feedback requested and respond to questions
- Give Plink all rights to any feedback you submit
- Return the materials if requested
Thank you! We look forward to your participation in this project!
BETA TEST PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT
This Beta Participant Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into between Registered User (“Participant”) and Plink Entertainment, Inc. (“Plink Entertainment, Inc.”), and is effective as of the date of acceptance by the Participant.
Participant is an individual or business that desires to participate in “beta testing”, which provides access to confidential materials or services currently in development by Plink Entertainment, Inc.. Plink Entertainment, Inc. wishes to obtain the benefit of Participant’s services and reports as a beta tester of Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s materials or service. In consideration of the premises, and of the mutual covenants and conditions, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Beta Test Material. Each material or service listed on Exhibit A and all components, accessories, and documentation related to each such Beta Test Material and/or technology provided by Plink Entertainment, Inc. including, but not limited to, specifications and other technical information, and all updates or revisions thereto, shall be referred to in the following provisions as the “Beta Test Material.” The parties hereto agree that Participant shall be a beta tester for those Beta Test Materials and services set forth on Exhibit A, as may be amended from time to time by Plink Entertainment, Inc..
- License. Plink Entertainment, Inc. hereby grants Participant a non-exclusive, non-transferable consent and license to use each Beta Test Material solely for the purpose of evaluating and testing the Beta Test Material for Plink Entertainment, Inc. as described in Exhibit A. The Beta Test Material may not be publicly disclosed, sublicensed, sold, assigned, leased, loaned, or otherwise transferred by Participant to any third party for any reason.
- Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s Obligations.
- Plink Entertainment, Inc. will deliver the Beta Test Material to Participant at Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s expense.
- Plink Entertainment, Inc. will provide the support or warranty service for the Beta Test Material described in the Exhibit and no other support or services.
- Plink Entertainment, Inc. has no obligation to develop or provide any updates or revisions to the Beta Test Material, and Plink Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to alter or adjust performance specifications for the Beta Test Material as it deems necessary or desirable.
- Plink Entertainment, Inc. will provide the instructions, safety information, warnings, or cautions concerning the Beta Test Material described or included in Exhibit A and no other.
- Participant’s Obligations.
- Participant agrees to test and evaluate the Beta Test Material as requested and described in Exhibit A. Participant agrees to familiarize itself with the Beta Test Material information provided by Plink Entertainment, Inc. and to only use or test the Beta Test Material as directed. Participant will notify Plink Entertainment, Inc. of any and all functional flaws, errors, anomalies, and problems directly or indirectly associated with the Beta Test Material known to or discovered by Participant. In addition, Participant agrees to provide Plink Entertainment, Inc. with such reports via the methods designated by Plink Entertainment, Inc. and to promptly respond to any and all reasonable inquiries, questionnaires, surveys and other test documents submitted to Participant by Plink Entertainment, Inc..
- If Participant is a company or other entity, Participant shall designate to Plink Entertainment, Inc., in writing, an employee or representative who will serve as the single technical contact at the Beta site for the Beta Test Material, and who will be responsible for maintaining communication with the Plink Entertainment, Inc. Beta site team on a regular basis. In addition, the Beta site address, where Participant will test the Beta Test Material, will be given to Plink Entertainment, Inc. in writing. If Participant changes either its technical contact person or Beta site address, it will promptly notify Plink Entertainment, Inc. in writing of such change.
- Any feedback, ideas, modifications, suggestions, improvements, and the like made by Participant with respect to the Beta Test Material (“Supportive Information”) will be the property of Plink Entertainment, Inc.. Participant agrees to assign, and hereby assigns, all right, title, and interest worldwide in the Supportive Information and the related intellectual property rights to Plink Entertainment, Inc. and agrees to assist Plink Entertainment, Inc., at Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s expense, in perfecting and enforcing such rights. Plink Entertainment, Inc. may disclose or use Supportive Information for any purposes whatsoever without any obligation to Participant.
- Participant agrees to pay all incidental costs (such as, costs for Internet and phone services, accessories, cabling, etc.) associated with the testing of the Beta Test Material and incurred during Participant’s possession of the Beta Test Material, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by both parties and described in Exhibit A.
- Proprietary Rights; No Right to Copy, Modify, or Disassemble.
- The Beta Test Material provided by Plink Entertainment, Inc. and all copies thereof, are proprietary to and the property of Plink Entertainment, Inc.. All applicable rights in all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, patents, and other intellectual property rights in or associated with the Beta Test Material are and will remain in Plink Entertainment, Inc. and Participant shall have no such intellectual property rights in the Beta Test Material.
- Participant may not copy or reproduce the Beta Test Material without Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s prior written consent, except as reasonably needed to perform its obligations hereunder and subject to the following restrictions. Participant may not copy or reproduce any software or documentation provided by Plink Entertainment, Inc., without Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s prior consent, except as is reasonably needed to perform Participant’s obligations under this Agreement. Each copy of software or documentation made by Participant must contain Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s proprietary and copyright notices in the same form as on the original. Participant shall not remove or deface any portion of any legend provided on any part of the Beta Test Material.
- Participant agrees to secure and protect the Beta Test Material and all copies thereof in a manner consistent with the maintenance of Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s rights therein and to take appropriate actions by instruction or agreement with any of its employees or agents permitted access thereto to satisfy its obligations hereunder.
- Participant shall not reverse engineer, alter, modify, disassemble or decompile the Beta Test Material, or any part thereof, without Plink Entertainment, Inc.’s prior written consent.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. By its nature, the Beta Test Material may contain errors, bugs, and other problems that could cause system failure and the testing and quality assurance of the Beta Test Material may not yet be completed. Because the Beta Test Material is subject to change, Plink Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to alter the Beta Test Material at any time, and any reliance on the Beta Test Material is at Participant’s own risk. PARTICIPANT ACCEPTS THE BETA TEST MATERIAL “AS IS.” PLINK ENTERTAINMENT, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE BETA TEST MATERIAL. PLINK ENTERTAINMENT, INC. HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS.
- Term and Termination.
- The term of this Agreement shall begin on the date set forth above (or, if no date is given, then the date both parties accept this Agreement by written or electronic signature) and shall continue until terminated as set forth below.
- This Agreement may be terminated at any time for any reason by either party giving ten days prior written notice to the other party, subject to Section 8.3 below. A particular Beta Test Material Agreement shall automatically terminate upon the general release to the public of the final product derived from the Beta Test Material by Plink Entertainment, Inc., or sooner upon ten days prior written notice by either party. The parties acknowledge that Plink Entertainment, Inc. is under no obligation to release any final product or Beta Test Material to the public.
- Upon termination of this Agreement or a particular Beta Test Material Agreement, Participant agrees to (a) return the Beta Test Material and all copies thereof to Plink Entertainment, Inc., if requested by Plink Entertainment, Inc. in writing to do so, within seven days after such termination, or (b) if requested by Plink Entertainment, Inc. to do so, certify to Plink Entertainment, Inc. in writing that the Beta Test Material and all copies thereof have been destroyed, or (c) purchase the Beta Test Material as set forth in Section 4.3. The provisions of, and the obligations of the parties under, Sections 4.3, 4.4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, and any other provisions that would normally survive, shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL PLINK ENTERTAINMENT, INC. BE LIABLE TO PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY GENERAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, DIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE BETA TEST MATERIAL OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREIN.
- Exporting Restrictions; United States Government Legends. Beta Test Materials, including Software, provided to Participant may be subject to United States Export Restrictions. Participant agrees not to export or re-export any Beta Test Material or accompanying documentation in violation of any applicable laws and regulations of the United States or the country in which Participant obtained them. The software, firmware or other parts of the Beta Test Material covered by this Agreement may contain strong data encryption code, which cannot be exported outside the United States or Canada. Participant agrees not to export or re-export, either physically or electronically, an encrypted Beta Test Material or accompanying documentation without obtaining written authorization from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Waiver. A waiver of any default hereunder or of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall not be deemed to be a continuing waiver or a waiver of any other default or of any other term or condition, but shall apply solely to the instance to which such waiver is directed.
- Assignment; Severability. Participant agrees not to assign any rights under this Agreement; any attempted assignment shall be null and void and shall result in the termination of this Agreement. If any part of this Agreement shall be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other part or provision of this Agreement which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State in which Plink Entertainment, Inc. is organized, excluding any such laws that might direct the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. The federal or state courts located in the State where Plink Entertainment, Inc. is organized shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute under this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement and the Exhibits hereto, including any additional terms and conditions listed in Exhibit A for certain Beta Test Materials, represent the entire agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof and supersede any and all prior agreements between the parties, whether written or oral, regarding the subject matter hereof. This Agreement may not be modified or amended except by the written acceptance of both parties.
BETA PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT
Description of Plink Entertainment, Inc. Beta Test Material(s) to be Tested:
- Plink Prototype Website
- Plink URLs
- Plink registration services
- Plink email and texting services
- Instructions for using the Prototype (named “The Emerald City”)
- Gamification instructions and materials for Plink and any prototype project from Plink
Additional Terms and Conditions for the Beta Test:
- The Plink Prototype Website includes a ‘false’ database of users, venues and participants. These ‘false’ users are based upon information from actual and made-up persons, events, venues, stakeholders and artists. Plink does NOT represent to have secured permission to use live accounts of ‘false’ users. This information is for testing purposes only and not for public use.
- The Plink Prototype Website includes live advertising. Advertising is legally contracted for use and any relationship, purchase and/or agreements between Participant and any Advertisers is at the Participant’s expense or liability. Plink does not assume liability for any transactions between Participant and Advertisers.
- Personal information communicated or supplied by Participant to Advertiser is based upon terms and conditions provided to Participant by Advertiser. Plink does not assume an responsibility for information provided by Participant to Advertiser.
- Information provided by Advertisers to Plink are assumed to be accurate and true. Any litigation, complaints or other claims by Participants against Advertisers is NOT the responsibility of Plink.